Music Care Conference 2017
Music Care Conference 2017 was a wonderful event! On November 6th ICCER , Room 217 Foundation and the Winspear Centre held Music Care Conference 2017 in Edmonton. We had 200 people attending from all over Alberta.
Here are links to some of our main speakers:
- Dr. Corene Thaut, The Academy of Neurologic Music Therapy
- Julian West, Creative Music Leader
- Jennifer Buchanan, JB Music Therapy
- Sean McCann, Musician , Inspirational Speaker
- Sherryl Sewepagaham, Singer, Songwriter, Educator
- Nadia Chana, Singer, Ethnomusicologist
- Kim Dennis, Singer, Conductor and voice teacher
Interested in setting up music care for your residents or your loved one? Here is “Some thoughts on implementing music care in continuing care”. It might help you make some decisions before starting a program.
ICCER hosted "Implementing Music Care in Continuing Care" on November 9th 2016. We had two main sites (Edmonton Clinic Health Academy in Edmonton and Rockyview in Calgary), with an additional 25 sites joining by videoconference (from High Level in the north to Milk River in the south!) and over 30 teleconference lines.
The speakers were:
- Sandra Woodhead Lyons, Executive Director, ICCER - Introductions and considerations before implementing music care
- Steve Friesen, Acting Manager of Quality and Resident Safety at Bethany Care Society - Music care: Current reality and future directions
- Andrea Capowski, Recreation Therapist and Gabrielle Cleary, Recreation Therapist, Lifestyle Options Riverbend - Java music club in practice
- Kelly Deis, Project Coordinator, Campus of Wellness & Care Demonstration Project, Shepherd’s Care - Kensington Village - Music Listening Pilot Project
- Liz Tanti, Administrator, CapitalCare Strathcona - The magic of music: Creating moments that unveil the person within
- Sandra referred to Room 217 Foundation's 10 Dimensions of Music Care.